The exciting competition starts at the school level and progresses to the national level, through the inter-school and state-level competitions.
This is the first spelling competition of its kind in India for schoolchildren with an innovative approach that combines learning with fun and competition.
More importantly, it's also a convenient and comprehensive language development programme for elementary and middle school children. Through this contest, students compete, learn and develop their language skills. They progress at their own pace and imbibe elements necessary for academic success.
Our main objective is to enhance the spelling, vocabulary and literary skills of children.
They are encouraged to explore the English language, expand their vocabulary and improve their communication and comprehension skills.
This helps students to improve their spelling skills, word usage, sentence construction, pronunciation and ultimately over all use of language that will aid early years of growth and development and empower them with skills necessary for their future careers.
The key thought was to engage the students through a different route, thereby engaging them in the practice of English language.
Bonus: Every participant receives a “WORD BANK” preparatory booklet , prepared by a panel of English teachers and academicians. The words are graded according to their age and class.
Below is the list of Exam Dates you can choose to attend. Read the rules and regulations on the last page
Registered students may login using your Mobile number and password for the online competition
11 April. 2021: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
18 April. 2021: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Students who could not complete
the Statelevel exam of 2019-2020,
can attend Statelevel exam of 2020-2021
10th NATIONAL MEGA FINAL AT KUMARAGURU CAMPUS, COIMBATORE ON 28th & 29th DEC. 2019
* This competition is only for students studying in classes 1 to 12.
*There will be a nominal registration fee for each level towards the cost of study materials & conduction. The fees paid is non refundable.
* WIZ National Spell Bee is a Progressive Learning methodology, comprising School level, Inter-school, State level and National Mega Finals.
* This competition starts at the school level simultaneously in all the cities throughout India. It progresses from the School level to the Interschool, leading to the State level and culminating in the National Mega Final.
* School Level Competition:
* Students have to prepare from the school-level preparatory booklet WORD BANK, comprising 1,500 words and exercises provided. Students who qualify in the School level will be eligible for the Inter-school competition
* Schools may opt for Online/Offline competition as per their convenience. In cases of bulk enrolment, study materials can be availed online or hard copy can also be sent to the school for each participant.
* Inter-school Competition:
* Inter-school contestants are requested to practise from WORD BANK of the school and Inter-school levels. The Inter-school preparatory booklet comprises 1,250 words and exercises. Seventy percent questions will be from these books. To answer the remaining thirty percent questions, participants must inculcate the habit of regularly reading books and English newspapers. They also need to watch the news and movies. Students who qualify in the Inter-school level will be eligible for the state level
* The Inter-school rank holders are decided based on the total marks obtained in the school and Inter-school rounds
* State Level Competition:
* State Level contestants are requested to practise from WORD BANK of the school, Inter-school and State levels. The State Level preparatory booklet comprises 1,250 words and exercises. Seventy percent questions will be from these books. To answer the remaining thirty percent questions, participants must inculcate the habit of regularly reading books and English newspapers. They also need to watch the news and movies. Students who qualify in the State level will be eligible for the National level. Toppers are selected from each State for the National Level Mega Final.
* The State Level rank holders are decided based on the total marks obtained in the school, Inter-school and State Level rounds
* National Mega Final:
25 State-level toppers of each class are eligible for the National Mega Final. Study materials and instructions for National Mega Final will be provided
* Any incorrect/fraudulent entries will be disqualified
* Results will be updated on the website and can be accessed using the personal login id, which is your registered mobile number
* Prizes will be sent to the respective schools
* The amount of the cash award depends on the sponsors and number of participants for the contest
* If the name of your school doesn't appear in the drop down list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* The organisers reserve the right to alter the terms and conditions of the competition at their discretion without any notice